7.7 gear problem

GST 7.7 , Nemesis 7.7 , GSR 5.0

Moderator: CEN Racing

7.7 gear problem

Postby mat618 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey guys, got my truck running today...took forever to get parts from cen...snail mail...anyway i bought it not long ago not running...i got it running and runs pretty dang good....had an issue with the servo sticking and just bought a new one off ebay for 22 bucks...The previous owner had removed the reverse servo and held the gear shifter back with a bread tie...well it broke wallago...how can I fix this? Beings I don't have a servo would it be easiest to remove reverse out of the gearbox?
mat618
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Re: 7.7 gear problem

Postby JAT on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi . What broke? was it the bread tie or the shifter?

If it was the shifter you could get a screw about the same size and try that, or buy a replacment one from Cen or look on ebay
JAT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mat618 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:56 am

Both. Is there a way to eliminate it all together?
mat618
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby JAT on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:26 pm

I have attached below the differents between the Nemesis and GST .It would be cheaper to just buy a new shifter.

Take a picture of the broken part i may be able to help you do a mod on what you have.
Nemesis
Capture1.JPG

GST
Capture11.JPG
JAT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mat618 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:41 pm

I ended up putting a screw at the front of the shifter, used a knife to pull it back, and I saw a small gap...I put a screw at the very front of it which if it had a lever would be pushed all the way to the rear....it hits neutral all the time...never hits reverse, but always neutral...You still think that this would be the shifter? If so I guess I need to tear it down and buy a new shifter.
mat618
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby JAT on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:25 am

mat618 wrote:I ended up putting a screw at the front of the shifter, used a knife to pull it back, and I saw a small gap...I put a screw at the very front of it which if it had a lever would be pushed all the way to the rear....it hits neutral all the time...never hits reverse, but always neutral...You still think that this would be the shifter? If so I guess I need to tear it down and buy a new shifter.

Hi,

It is possible the shifter is moving which will put the it in neutral.There is also is a oneway bearing that may be worn, you can take it apart and give the shaft a ruff up with emery paper and reoil bearing with some light oil 1-2 drops is enough.

If it still is giving you trouble I would buy a new shifter and new bearing with gear you can out them at cen direct.
http://cenracing.shptron.com/p/gs069-shift-lever-set
http://cenracing.shptron.com/p/gs052-in ... y-gear-34t
JAT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CEN USA on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Thank you JAT,

You can get parts at http://cenracing.shptron.com/

You can also get parts and support @

1-626-537-9006
1-626-537-9004
11am-7pm

Give us a call and we will get you fixed up right away!
CEN USA
USA Sales
1-626-537-9004 8am-4pm PST Mon-Fri
USA Customer Service
1-626-537-9006 8am-4pm PST Mon-Fri
http://www.cenracing.com
CEN USA
CEN Moderator
CEN Moderator

Postby mat618 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:39 pm

I just ordered a new shift lever kit...hopefully it doesn't take a week and a half to get here, but I am sure it will...is there any place in the US that I can order these parts from so that it doesn't take a week and a half to receive them?

How does the transmission pull out on these cars? I am probably going to tear into it tonight...what all has to be removed on these? I haven't looked at it yet, just curious as to what I was up against.
mat618
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby JAT on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:40 am

The first time is always the most difficult. Just take your time

Remove the following wheels,side frame screws. linkages, gearbox will fall out.

follow direction in manual.if you dont have it download and do step by step.
http://www.cenracing.com/cars/manual/9508-GST.pdf

Remember take your time and while the gearbox is apart check all bearings if they sound gritty throw away and replace or try and clean them and reoil.
JAT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mat618 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:00 pm

Alright guys, here is what happened. I got all my parts...I pulled the transmission apart, replaced the shifter...was checking out the internal clutch and the bolts at the front was all loose about to fall out, so I tightened that all up and everything. I got it all back together, installed my new gear for the electric starter....started it up...but it wont move!!! GRR! I messed with the clutches a little on the internal clutch, but don't really understand how to adjust them...can anyone point me in the right direction?
mat618
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Next

Return to CEN 1/8 Monster Truck