CEN GST 2nd and 3rd gear adjustment

GST 7.7 , Nemesis 7.7 , GSR 5.0

Moderator: CEN Racing

CEN GST 2nd and 3rd gear adjustment

Postby Q-Ball on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 am

Hi Guys,

Got a second hand GST 7.7 the other week, engine running well and the rest of the truck is in great condition (£150 including servos RX and some spares). Only trouble is 2nd and 3rd gears will not engage, I have taken both the gears back to stock setting 5 turns out on second and 7.5 out on 3rd, I figured that 3rd will only engage if 2nd is set up properly so first I want to concentrate on 2nd. I guess my question is, "from experience is 5 turns out enough and what do other people have their gears set as ?"
Q-Ball
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Re: CEN GST 2nd and 3rd gear adjustment

Postby cencanadian on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:47 pm

It all depends on when you want 2nd gear to engage, just tinker about with it until you get it to shift when you want it to. From the sounds of it you need to give it a couple of more turns out just to get it to shift at all, then adjust it a bit at a time until you are happy with it.
cencanadian
CEN Manic
CEN Manic

Postby Q-Ball on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:29 am

Cheers Cencanadian, I'll give it a go :)
Q-Ball
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby Stduplic on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 am

Hello,
my setup is 2nd gear 4,5 turns and 3th gear is 3 turns....but there is a lot more...
I have bought 2 GST 7.7 in shop same time same day same model, for me and my friend to bash togheter.
From the start the truck he has chossen had flowless shifting in all gears, and my simply didnt wont to shift into 3th gear. :?
As he has no exp. with RC i have done setup, broken in both of engine and everything i have adjustet on both trucks including gear shifting...but simply i didnt get my truck to shift into 3th gear.
After many trys...
Finaly i have disasembled both of trany and what i found is that my springs installed into 3th gear are not the same as he had.
So i orrdered online new slipercluth for 3th gear and it came with 3 sets of diferent springs.... :o
Then i match my new springs with his and finaly it works :D
CEN part is GS068
hope this help and sorry for bad english.....
Stduplic
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Return to CEN 1/8 Monster Truck