hvy duty clutcg bell?

GST 7.7 , Nemesis 7.7 , GSR 5.0

Moderator: CEN Racing

hvy duty clutcg bell?

Postby captcapo on Thu May 02, 2013 6:47 pm

I've recently changed clutch shoes to a hvy duty racing. But, afterwards short runs and tuning, I had actually broken the the clutch bell. Sheared the bell rite from the shaft. What could have caused this? Shoes engaging to quick, or perhaps slipping to much? Any insight would be great.
Anyways perhaps someone knows somewhere u can buy a hvy duty clutch bell. Please message me
captcapo
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Re: hvy duty clutcg bell?

Postby JAT on Fri May 03, 2013 4:10 am

Maybe the bearings have failed this will jam everything up and put to much pressure on the clutch bell.

This was the result of a failed bearing in my GST bell
JAT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captcapo on Thu May 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Very interesting!!! That looks like my bell :D How did u figure bout it was the bearing? Maybe I should ask which bearing your referring to.
captcapo
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby JAT on Fri May 10, 2013 4:15 am

Because when i took it apart the bearings were in bits.The bearings are 5mm x 10mm x 4mm. I change mine every second or third run time
Capture55.JPG

oh that's my truck
Attachments
Capture88.JPG
JAT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captcapo on Sat May 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Ty for the input. I will look into the bearings condition more closely, but, as now it seems fine. I will look into other avenues .
Ty any other ideas I'm all ears
captcapo
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby captcapo on Mon May 13, 2013 6:39 pm

JAT wrote:Because when i took it apart the bearings were in bits.The bearings are 5mm x 10mm x 4mm. I change mine every second or run time
Capture55.JPG

oh that's my truck

Well now I'm just mad... The bearing wasn't bad till I tried to remove it from the clutch bell, what a pain in the a--. If the bearing and gears are pressed in I would think they would sell it already assembled. So in the process of me trying to press the bearing out, it collapsed. :twisted:
ATTENTION CEN!! START MANUFACTURING YOUR VEHICLES TOUGHER AND EASIER TO WORK ON
captcapo
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby Dan1969 on Mon May 26, 2014 6:10 pm

captcapo wrote:
JAT wrote:Because when i took it apart the bearings were in bits.The bearings are 5mm x 10mm x 4mm. I change mine every second or run time
Capture55.JPG

oh that's my truck

Well now I'm just mad... The bearing wasn't bad till I tried to remove it from the clutch bell, what a pain in the a--. If the bearing and gears are pressed in I would think they would sell it already assembled. So in the process of me trying to press the bearing out, it collapsed. :twisted:
ATTENTION CEN!! START MANUFACTURING YOUR VEHICLES TOUGHER AND EASIER TO WORK ON

Ha! I've had my GST since 2008, I stored it in 2010, I started it yesterday... no problemo...
Dan1969
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby cencanadian on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:28 pm

DAN1969....Are you the guy from the US military who used to post on here regularly from about 2008 until 2011 under the name DAN, if it is you, welcome back, your posts were always very informative and helpful.
cencanadian
CEN Manic
CEN Manic

Postby JAT on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:00 am

ATTENTION CEN!! START MANUFACTURING YOUR VEHICLES TOUGHER AND EASIER TO WORK ON[/quote]

Maybe the bearings you are buying are not good quality. also Clutch bearings wear out fast so make sure you replace them often say every 3-5 run time.
JAT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to CEN 1/8 Monster Truck