New GSR 5.0 tuning and issues

GST 7.7 , Nemesis 7.7 , GSR 5.0

Moderator: CEN Racing

Re: New GSR 5.0 tuning and issues

Postby Dan on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:43 pm

It could be that you are stuck in second, or the gear change comes so early you don't even notice it. Does the truck wabble when you're taking off?? like it sputters a bit and the front end shakes?
Back in the states, in a place called Lawton. Who has heard of it!?
Dan
CENsational
CENsational

Postby tradinman on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:27 am

No not at all. Last week I took the clutch apart and since it came to me with the screws set all the way in I disassembled pulled on the springs and re-assembled. Finally got it to shift but I am going to have to wait to adjust and re check temps because its been raining. I also ordered new springs from CEN so if I have problems I can replace. I am going to take the carb back out today and try to find new orings and re seal the carb. I know one o ring goes in the bottom of the carb body and it is the fatter and bigger one and for the other does it go at the top of the carb. Thanks for your help here.
tradinman
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby Dan on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:09 am

YOu're gonna put the 1.1 mm in it? I have those with the CNC aluminium shoes. I really didn't notice much of a difference, I did have to retune for engaging later because they were engaging too soon.
Back in the states, in a place called Lawton. Who has heard of it!?
Dan
CENsational
CENsational

Postby aamy18 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:06 am

Nah..can't help you this time. Usually outsource this issue to this porsche tuning provider. yup, they can operate in Austin,TX. [yes, I know they deal in real car world but they can drop handy tips] You can use my reference, if you wish.
aamy18
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby ronald87 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 pm

I got mine for about 2 years now and never shift gears, it doesnt bother me, but now, when i finally decide to tune the engine to get more rev, found out that this engine is a bitch to tune, best regards from norway, so far so good with the rest of the car :) happy with it
ronald87
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Previous

Return to CEN 1/8 Monster Truck