ReMatrix, any new news???

Matrix C1 Buggy, Matrix TR Arena Truggy

Moderator: CEN Racing

Re: ReMatrix, any new news???

Postby trarena on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:59 pm

CEN Racing wrote:apparently there has been some leakage (of information) on the s-grid site if you have an account check it out! someone has posted pics of the new diff and bones- YIKES

leaked my a$$!!! this has been up for a few days now with the source quoted as cenracing.com!!!

http://www.buggy-sport.info/include.php ... ubid=10590
trarena
CENsational
CENsational

Postby NeoNot on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:51 am

Do you have any idea on price yet?
Is anyone taking pre-orders?

The outdrives look good but I am more curious about the major components arrangement on the chassis! What can we expect. Is it following the current trends with the center diff being offset and the motor being pushed forward to get a more true center of gravity?
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby Robert.Hull on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:23 am

all of the outdrives being lightened up and adding that up is a lot of weight missing which will make the car handle and drive so different the diff is already off-set just not as exaggerated as others the matrix already has awesome center of gravity just that a few thing were heavier than needed such as drive line
the new buggy will be awesome and a huge hit just stand by for its release
Robert H.
cenracing.com
m2cracing.com
headrushhobbies.com
fusionmotorsports.com
darkidentity.com
Robert.Hull
CEN Supporter
CEN Supporter

Postby NeoNot on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Ruune wrote:They did that with the original... the motor is arranged so that weight distribution is at or near 50/50. If you push too much weight forward, you dont get enough weight on the rear wheels.

I have a FRE right now. I am just curious if the layout is basically the same as the FRE Matrix or if they have moved items around that will make it act more like a RC8 or Losi 8.

I agree moving items to far forward will reduce rear wheel traction and that is one of my concerns. I have a Losi 8 and I have never had the rear end of the buggy stable. It always wants to swap ends no matter what type of setup I run and I never had that issue with my FRE Trix.
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby CEN Racing on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am

While we still await the release of the new buggy- wE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE gsr 5.0 HAS ARRIVED!!!!
CEN Racing
Factory Support
http://www.cenracing.com
CEN Racing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NeoNot on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:28 pm

This maybe a stupid questions but I didnt see anyone else asking it, so....

What will be availible first with the Re-Matrix? The FRE or the RTR version???

If one is coming before the other is there an estimated time before the other one will become availible as well?
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby NeoNot on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:58 pm

I keep checking the site everyday thinking I will finally see the news the ReMatrix has been released but no luck so far!!!
Was hoping with the release the the D8 CEN might be about ready to release as well.

Any new words on estimated release????

Also when I first read about the ReMatrix it was indicated a upgrade kit might be availible for the old Matrix. Is the kit still going to be an option of the Matrix to ReMatrix upgrade??? If so I think I will need to order a new ride and a kit!!!
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby NeoNot on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:48 pm

Here are a few more photos of the proto-type buggies/parts that I located across the net.
Anyone have any additional pics they want to share???

NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby chrobar on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:39 pm

Here's some pics of Andy's buggy and truggy at the pro series in Joliet, IL. The buggy has some new parts, and the truggy has a BCE chassis, but no other new parts. The buggy rear shock tower is prototype, it allows the wing mounts to be very close together, kind of like the O'donnel buggy. New radio tray and upper front arms, too.
chrobar
CEN Moderator
CEN Moderator

Postby NeoNot on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:17 pm

It maybe me but it appears that your pic of the buggy and the next to last pic I posted show a big bore shock that is threaded.

It appears that the shocks have a gap between the spring and the shock cap but I dont notice any form of clip spacer on the shock body!!! Anyone else notice this or know more about it? I was actually kinds hopping they would retain the clip spacers instead of going to a threaded shock. IMO the clip spacers make it much easier to tune the shocks spring tension than the threaded shocks.

I know one of the guys that roomed with Andy at the IL race. He was chatting about the buggy saying how much better it looked than the old Trix. Now if I can just wait for the ReTrix to come out :( I am hate-n the delay !!!
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

PreviousNext

Return to CEN 1/8 Matrix