ReMatrix, any new news???

Matrix C1 Buggy, Matrix TR Arena Truggy

Moderator: CEN Racing

Re: ReMatrix, any new news???

Postby trarena on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:17 pm

yeah but this is the part i don't understand... why do they have to have so many versions of the same car? IMHO they should have released the budget version RTR with the plastic shock bodies, less expensive ali parts, chassis, mill, pipe radio gear etc for those who are new to the sport. I think the $299 price tag will be a real winner in that category. At the same time release a fully optioned race roller with all the bells and whistles upgrades (and include the rims and body this time). Then sell all the upgrades separately so the RTR version can be turned into a race kit (albeit in a rather expensive way once you purchase all the new bits). I can't understad why they would release an 'intermediate' version BEFORE releasing the racekit. And yes, some of my frustration is because I am getting left behind by the drivers who have had their new Xray, Mugen, Kyosho, HB, Associated, HongNor etc lightweight kits for some weeks or months now!

I have been a big supporter of CEN with multiple cars, am involved in the importation of CEN products, have co sponsored a CEN factory driver and have arranged for and partially funded CEN as named sponsor of the offroad Nats over here. So I think that I can be considered dedicated to the brand. But in the name of all things holy, why the hell can they not set a release date for the goddamn new race kit and stop fartassing around with RTR versions?
trarena
CENsational
CENsational

Postby MX757 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:36 pm

I am kinda bummed I just picked up an FRE now. How much is the C2-B going to run? Maybe ill buy a new C2-B and swap my engine, radio gear, and cool chichi parts over...
MX757
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby MX757 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:47 pm

I have been seeing FRE kits on Ebay for $264 and I think free shipping...
MX757
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby NeoNot on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:34 pm

33 days
7hour
27 minutes
and
28 seconds

Still counting!!!

Anything new to be spoken of????
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby NeoNot on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:03 pm

Which one is the kit now???

From the printed add it looks like the RTR is now the R2 and the kit version is the C2B.
Is the kit going to come with a prepainted body??? I hope it doesnt.

By the way, I dont who designed that body but it has to be one of the ugliest looking shells I have seen!!! Not talking about the paint, just the shape of the body itself. I hope it is a major aero dynamic body or has something else going for it cause that this is just FUGLY as hell!!!

It reminds me of some of my ex's I saw recently: short, fat and ugly :) Time hasnt been good to them :D
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby NeoNot on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:19 pm

How much later is it going to be on the kit now.
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby NeoNot on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:21 pm

I hope the info my shop got today isnt correct.

Apparently the R2 kit is going to be following several months after the RTR stuff. It sounds as though the kit is now going to be called the R2 FRE but who knows. According to CEN they have no idea on the price now, after I was quoted a price for the kit almost two months ago when I pre-ordered it, as well as they arent sure exactly what items are going to come on the FRE version and they are now guessing the arrival date to be somewhere around the end of Feb 09 !!!

If that is the case I believe I am going to have to cancel my order and go with a D8 or something else. I have been a fan of CEN ever since I purchased my original FRE but this is getting a little old not being able to get any information about the buggy. I mean come on what is the deal. Everyone knows you have the car. Tell us, your customers, what is going to come on the different models that you are making and give us a rough date when to expect each model!!!

I dont think this is to much to ask, All this secrecy is getting a little old already!!!
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby NeoNot on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:10 pm

Ruune wrote:Its going to be called the Matrix R2 Pro, and Feb 2009 would be a good guess. Prototypes exist, but tooling has to be ramped up and materials have to be secured. This takes more than you know.

Actually I have a very good idea what it takes to startup a new machining process. I am a hobby machinist as well as prior designer and producer of parts for several paintball markers. Granted I wasnt producing on the scale that CEN should be working on but I do have a good idea what it takes to start up.

My concern is simply the secrecy they have with the R2. As I stated previously what is so hard with simply telling us what they know, even if that is nothing. By them being forth right with their customers it affords them more patience. When they originally released the info to Neo Buggy they stated the R2 was going to be released in July or Aug of this summer past. I waited all summer long to purchase the buggy and passed up the chance on several other buggies because I wanted the R2 Pro Kit.

Each month went by with no information and finally they said they would release the buggy at the worlds. This came and went without. Then my LHS gets a call letting him know that they are now taking pre-orders for the new Re-Matrix. The owner had me call CEN direct to make sure I was going to be getting the item I wanted because he didnt quite understand all the questions I had. In my conversation with CEN I was informed the R2 would be shipping at the end of November with the Pro Kit to start shipping around Christmas time.

After seeing the pics of the magazine add I had the LHS call and make sure exactly what I was getting because the phone conversation I had lead me to believe the R2 was the Pro kit but after seeing the add the R2 looked like a slightly mod'd C1. After he called them today I found out not only was the Pro Kit not going to be released around Christmas but I was also informed that CEN had me down for a RTR Kit, an R2, not even the C2B.

On top of this I also find out that the previous conversation I had about what was coming with the Pro Kit they are no longer sure about. So the order I had made for the Pro Kit and some additional parts to convert my current FRE may not even supply me with the parts I need for the conversion.

I guess what I am trying to say is just share the information and quite acting like everything is a big damn secret. If you dont know just say so. That will keep people such as myself from ordering a item with the impression it is something other than it actually is!!!
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby NeoNot on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:12 pm

The only items I am looking to replace on my FRE are the shock towers and the diff housings.
I am running K Car diffs that are buttery smooth and I would hate to change them now.

I however would like to replace the old shock towers and maybe even the chasis braces. I have so many A-Arms for the FRE I cant quite justify changing them out just yet. I would like to use up my current parts before doing a complete conversion.
NeoNot
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby rayzzfish on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:05 am

Ruune wrote:
Andrew is in Canada this week (brrrr), shooting new promotional vid... so things are indeed moving.

It is not that cold up here... :lol:
rayzzfish
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to CEN 1/8 Matrix