Update your CEN Matrix!!!! NEW PARTS!!!

Matrix C1 Buggy, Matrix TR Arena Truggy

Moderator: CEN Racing

Re: Update your CEN Matrix!!!! NEW PARTS!!!

Postby Chris M. on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:48 pm

So have the shock position been changed on the arms as far as location or is it the same as the old arms. Quick way to check would to take a new and an old one and line up the hing pin holes and then see if they match or not.
Chris M.
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby trarena on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:54 am

Has anyone tried the gear box / diff housing from the R2 on the C1?? I found the R2 diffrs needed quite a few shims between the bearings and the diff housing on both sides to stop the extra slop created by the smaller diff cases.
trarena
CENsational
CENsational

Postby Ivano74 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:59 am

trarena wrote:Has anyone tried the gear box / diff housing from the R2 on the C1?? I found the R2 diffrs needed quite a few shims between the bearings and the diff housing on both sides to stop the extra slop created by the smaller diff cases.

Me too. I had to put 3 shims per side in the front diff and 5 in the central one but any in the rear...
CEN Army Member
CEN Matrix FRE / Axe Rossi Mamba
Piktor Rush2 / Axe Rossi Mamba X1
Spektrum DX3R
Ivano74
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby Ivano74 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:12 am

Ruune wrote:did you use the new spur gear in the center and new ring gear in the back? The R2 ones are taller.

Yes, I did... This doesn't mean everything doesn't work well!!!

I mean, everything is all right!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CEN Army Member
Spektrum DX3R
Ivano74
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby trarena on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:12 am

Ruune wrote:did you use the new spur gear in the center and new ring gear in the back? The R2 ones are taller.

hey bud, can i assume you mean the R2 gear box is taller cause the ring & spur gears are identical (38.0mm and 48.0mm respectively)? I have needed to use 9-10 of the 14x16 shims on each of the new diffs with the existing gear box to keep them meshed with the pinion. It's not a major but i'm just not a big fan of 'shimming to fit' so hoped the new gear box would transfer over too.
trarena
CENsational
CENsational

Postby Ivano74 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:26 am

trarena wrote:

hey bud, can i assume you mean the R2 gear box is taller cause the ring & spur gears are identical (38.0mm and 48.0mm respectively)? I have needed to use 9-10 of the 14x16 shims on each of the new diffs with the existing gear box to keep them meshed with the pinion. It's not a major but i'm just not a big fan of 'shimming to fit' so hoped the new gear box would transfer over too.

Well, I think it depends to plastic parts too. Infact, as I said, in the rearside diff Ididn't have to put any shim to mesh the diff with his pinion. Maybe my gesr boxes have different measures (they are C-1 gear boxes)

Ivano
CEN Army Member
Spektrum DX3R
Ivano74
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby trarena on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:28 am

I haven't seen these before. Are they on the R2 and if so has anyone got any comments on them?

http://www.cenracingdirect.com/index.as ... rodID=4346
trarena
CENsational
CENsational

Postby trarena on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Ruune wrote:Yes, they're on the R2. I'm currently using them on my TR and have had no problems. You only need to use 2.

must try them then... they are crazy cheap compared to the USD$12-14 i currently pay for 2 advantage fibreglass or xtreme racing CF pads :oops:
trarena
CENsational
CENsational

tips

Postby FirebaT on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:39 pm

hey andrew! you got any tips on racing? Since you got a matrix do you know if it is bad to use abs on the servos?
FirebaT
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Previous

Return to CEN 1/8 Matrix