Base Carburetor Settings, read before asking: All Models.

Post here if you have any questions about your CEN prodcut or need assistance on getting them going.

Moderator: CEN Racing

Re: Base Carburetor Settings, read before asking: All Models.

Postby SSS on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Set the 1mm that is a good start. Then set the other screws to the factory settings. At first only work with the HSN through break in and beyond. Once you get a chance to get out and run then you can work on LSN if you need too. Get a good thermo to check the temp off the engine to ensure you don't overheat. I haven't had to work with the LSN on any of my engines so just make sure you don't overheat. I'm a newb as well and anytime I have had problems I just go back to the base settings and start over. The weather this winter has been up and down so turning has taken alot of time. Everytime you run the truck you will need to check the tuning over and over again depending on conditions.
SSS
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby cptelecomm818 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:01 pm

That sounds great I appreciate the input!!!! But how do I know what 1mm gap is? How do I determine when it is 1mm?
cptelecomm818
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby Dan on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:16 pm

The opening is approximate, it sounds to me like you don't seem to know what a mm is... is one thousandth of a meter, and this measurement is approximate on the carbureator and is just a base setting; it could be a little bit more to keep a high idle depending on how do you like your engine to be.
Attachments
110220091548.jpg
There's the approximate measurement
Back in the states, in a place called Lawton. Who has heard of it!?
Dan
CENsational
CENsational

Postby cptelecomm818 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:04 am

That is wonderful info!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cptelecomm818
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby PrpHed on Wed May 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Really would appreciate the experts piping in.

As noted in another area in the forums, I got the answers to the LS Needle base settings for my Matrix R2 with a Corsa .28. So, back at it today. If someone would be so kind as to offer up suggestions...so, I set the LS needle to 1 turn out from flush, and the HS needle 3 turns out from all the way in as per a tech at CEN. Set the idle gap to 1mm by measuring.

Start up, let it warm up for 4-5 minutes, give it some rpm...nothing silly just bit to clean up from idling. Started with HS needle as per many online "how to" articles. Kept moving 1/8 of turn leaner to the point where it was idling waaaay too high...even the idle screw nearly all the way out wasn't helping. So, back to square one. Test the LS by using the pinch the fuel line method. This didn't take much tweaking as 1 turn out from flush was nearly perfect...according to articles... I could pinch the fuel line and the idle would rise slightly for a few seconds until I let go. As I continued to pinch the fuel line completely, the idle starts to increase toward a stall just like running out of fuel. If I let the line go, it resumes running back to a normal idle.

I assume, from what I've read, this is good/normal.

So, back to the HS needle. Leaning out 1/8 at a time, and the engine will just not clean up. Still getting a bog, and stuttering before it cleans up and there is garble at various places all the way through the throttle range. If I blip the throttle, it's somewhat responsive but occasionally stalls. Off of higher RPM, it often stalls out. What am I doing wrong??

Should there be some spitting from the exhaust or should it be only blue smoke?

The only thing I haven't tried is another glow plug. The two I have, the original and the extra I bought don't look hooched!

???

Thanks again...
Crank 'em if you got 'em!
PrpHed
CEN Troop
CEN Troop

Postby Vancooler on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi, What is the setting for the engine of mgtr2? Its a 3.0 engine there is write "corsa" in the side of engine.

Thanks
Vancooler
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby 2 fast on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:46 pm

on the cen magnum nx when you say 3 turn what do you consider a turn, a half or whole cuz if seen people do it both ways. i also have the idle messed up how many times is that turned
2 fast
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby Muerte on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:37 am

2 fast wrote:on the cen magnum nx when you say 3 turn what do you consider a turn, a half or whole cuz if seen people do it both ways. i also have the idle messed up how many times is that turned

A turn is just that, one whole turn. If they say 3 and a half turns it means 3 whole turns and one 1/2 turn.
Muerte
CEN Supporter
CEN Supporter

Postby DetroitG on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Does anyone know base carb settings (high, low, mid)for CTR 5.0? What does (x) turns out "from flush" mean? Used the settings for 5.0cc (.30) but can't keep it started plus it SPEWS OUT fuel. Thanks in advance for feedback.
DetroitG
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby qck95z28 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:09 pm

I just gon a used GST and i really need to get to the bottom of this carb setting. I will turn the LSN and turn and turn and turn and it keeps going till its stuck in the carb on the other side, i really dont think this is what you would call flush, its WAY TO far in im sure. CAN someone show with the carb open where the lsn sits in the carb at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE for reference so i can atleast get this thing running, the HSN will bottom out and, i turn it to 4 out for a median. I just keep having to tear this thing out of the truck to clean the shaft and the one way bearing because it just cranks and cranks till it slips.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks,
Tyler
qck95z28
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Customer Service / Tech Support