GST after breakin tuning trouble

GST 7.7 , Nemesis 7.7 , GSR 5.0

Moderator: CEN Racing

GST after breakin tuning trouble

Postby NOOKIE on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi, This is my first nitro truck and I'm having trouble getting it tuned. After trying for awhile I started checking things out and my carb is completely loose and can be pulled easily out of the engine. I checked on my dads Savage X and theres a bolt in his where theres a hole in mine. Any Suggestions?

NOOKIE
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Re: GST after breakin tuning trouble

Postby cencanadian on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:37 pm

In that hole there suould be a pinch bolt that holds the carb into the crank case. maybe the the screw has come out of the pinch bolt, or maybe the pinch bolt is missing completly it is part no G70357-05 take a look on cen direct it has a picture of it. If it is the screw that is missing then it is a M3 X 6mm long socket head cap screw
cencanadian
CEN Manic
CEN Manic

Postby NOOKIE on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks, ordered the part should be in soon. Also, does the gst come with a built in failsafe?
NOOKIE
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby NOOKIE on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Can someone post pics or a video on youtube that shows me how to take the carb out and put it back in? I still cant seem to figure it out. I put the little thing in there and it can just slide right out?
NOOKIE
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby cencanadian on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:31 pm

1. insert the pinch bolt into the cross hole so that the semi circular cut out in the pinch bolt lines up wtih the inside diameter of the carb location bore.
2. push the carb into the location bore
3. tighten up the 3mm screw that is in the end of the pinch bolt until the pinch bolt holds the carb in position.
thats it
cencanadian
CEN Manic
CEN Manic

Postby cencanadian on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:15 pm

GST 7.7 does not come with an electronic failsafe, it has a return spring on the throttle servo so if you loose signal or your receiver battery comes unplugged it will close the throttle to idle. You can buy failsafes quite cheaply or you can buy a radio like Spektrum DX3.0 which has a failsafe built into the system. You should also put a return spring on the carb incase the ball link comes off in a crash.
cencanadian
CEN Manic
CEN Manic

Postby NOOKIE on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:49 am

Thanks for the failsafe info. This is the part that I got from cen

is it the wrong part? I cant find a screw or a hole in it to even put a screw in?
NOOKIE
CEN Rookie
CEN Rookie

Postby cencanadian on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 pm

OK its the same part but they have changed the screw for a nut. Unscrew the nut until it is nearly off the end of the thread, push the pinch bolt into the hole until the semicircular cutout in the bolt lines up with bore, push the carb into the bore then tighten up nut until the carb is held tight.
cencanadian
CEN Manic
CEN Manic

Return to CEN 1/8 Monster Truck